Thursday, May 7, 2015

Pamplona and Journey to Saint Jean Pied de Port

Roman bridges I have seen a few of them ini Spain

This is Hostel Hemingway, where I stayed. Turns out it is in the "shopping district", just beyond the interesting part of town with all the good food. In my wanderings of today, I found some great places to eat when I come back in 3 days.

 

 

 

In front of the Running of the Bulls Statue. I traced the steps on this famous route.
Lunch was a "hamburgesa Completa".

Caught my bus at 2:30 to Saint Jean Pied-de-Port and enjoyed (with some trepidation) the view of the contryside betwwn Pamplona and St.Jean. It really is mountainous and I will be quite a challenge tomorrow when I travel tbrough those mountains.

I am not going to write too much more. St. Jean is a wonderful town and I want to get out and enjoy it. Will post a few pictures of the town in a bit but will wait until I have a shorter day to write much more content.

 

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you are on your way. Hostel Hemingway is new to me - the kitchen looks great. Today, we walked to see the cherry blossoms at High Park - exquisite!
    And you conquered the mountais !! Congratulations.
    Buen Camino

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I'd love to visit Europe someday.

    - Audra from A Path to Create, Not Find

    ReplyDelete