Thursday, April 12, 2012

We are in Seville!


Barb and I had a good deal of fun mugging in front of my iPad camera on the train from Madrid to Seville. I don't have time to tell you all about our trip but we were pretty giddy by this point and we ended up shrieking and hollering with laughter at some of the photos (which I will leave to your imagination). Tears were rolling down our faces by the time the photos were taken!
Long story short - we toured Seville by foot after getting settled into Hostel Samay and had some tapas and wine before falling into a deep sleep. We awoke after 10:00 a.m. And rushed to get to the Starting point for the walking tour by 10:45. It was a great tour and we met a bunch of folks to lunch with!


More about the Camino

This is a typical Pilgrim or Peregrino from long ago.


This is me with my pack loaded and ready to go in a picture taken before I left Toronto. My walking poles are buried deep in my pack for ease of travel to Spain. We will take our pictures with our packs loaded onto our backs when we leave Seville on Sunday morning and I will let you be the judge of how we compare.

The Way of Saint James or "The Camino"
There are lots of routes to Santiago de Compostela as seen on this map.



O
Our destination - The Cathedral at Santiago de Compostela.

October 17, 2012 - Update:
I am revisiting all my blogs and fixing them up - some have somehow lost their pictures and many contain small typing errors due to my haste in posting while on the road.  I fixed this blog and replaced the missing picture today.  I am also noting spots where I should add a supplemental blog - time was too tight to blog about everything I could while travelling.  I will add a another few blogs on Seville when I have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment